Public Place Injury Compensation Claims

Get expert advice on Queensland WorkCover & workers compensation claims. 100% Risk-Free.





Public Place Injury Compensation Claims

If you are injured in public as a result of negligence, you may be entitled to claim compensation.

A third-party can refer to an individual, group or organisation. Property owners, for example, have a duty of care to protect the health and welfare of others while onsite by ensuring their premises are hazard-free and that safety measures are in place to prevent risk.

If your injury is non-work related, the third-party may be required to pay you compensation through their public liability insurance policy.

We offer our No Win. No Fee. No Catch.® promise to all clients. The ‘No Catch’ part is what matters, because it means that if your case proceeds to court and you lose, you won’t pay a cent – not to us and, more importantly, not to anyone else.

Truly Risk-Free Promise

No risks or upfront costs with our ‘No Win. No Risk. No Catch’ promise.

Free Initial Advice Today

Free initial advice over the phone with our Principal. Available 7 days a week.

Queensland wide service

All Queensland regions serviced from our Brisbane City & Gold Coast offices.

No Obligation Home Visits

We offer no obligation home visits to explain the claims process.

STart my claim

The claims process

Get initial advice & home visit

Our compensation experts check if you may have a claim & explain the whole process to you.

Kick Off with our Legal Team

Once you sign up, your assigned legal team will gather all the required details, organise medical reports & start your claim.

Negotiate Lump Sum Settlement

We build your case over  12-18 months & negotiate with the public liability insurer of the ‘at-fault’ party to secure a tax-free lump sum settlement.

Nothing to Pay Unless We Win

Nothing to pay us, or anyone else unless we win your case. If you win, only pay for the work done to secure your compensation.

Common questions about claiming

Are there time limits?

Yes, strict time limits apply. The limit is 3 years from the date of accident for most claims unless you were under 18 when the injury occurred. Some exceptions apply, we recommend seeking legal advice as soon as possible.

How long will it take?

The majority of public place compensation claims can be completed by our Brisbane & Gold Coast accident compensation lawyers within 12-18 months. However, it can be longer for very complicated matters such as those involving multiple injuries.

Who pays the compensation?

Compensation is paid by the Public Liabiity Insurer (CTP) of the business, organisation or venue at fault (e.g. the local council, shopping centre, hotel). The claim is not made directly against the business or organisation, everything is handled by the insurer.

How much will it cost?

We offer a ‘No Win. No Fee. No Catch’ promise, which means there are no upfront costs and you will never be left out of pocket. Fees are calculated on the amount of work done & will be explained before matter is opened.

What is a public place?

A ‘public place’ covers most places management by an organisation with a responsibility to provide a safe place. This includes footpaths, rental properties, schools, community areas, shops / shopping centres, theme parks, hotels & entertainment venues.

What evidence will I need?
  • Take photographs of the injury, the cause of the injury and the place where it occurred.
  • Lodge an incident report form with the responsible organisation.
  • See a doctor immediately.
  • Document everything and keep all records and receipts for medical consultations.

Get expert advice today

STart my claim